1. The United States of America (USA) is the greatest power in the history of mankind. Certainly it is the most powerful military power in the world today. It has the capacity to wipe off the whole of humanity if it chooses to do so.
2. But the Americans must remember the Vietnam War. The great power, employing all its military might, all its technology and huge sums of money was defeated by the black pajama-clad unimpressive undersized Vietnamese.
3. Tens of thousands of American soldiers died. Many more seriously wounded both in body and mind. For all these sacrifices what has America gained? Nothing, truly nothing that could not be gained by peaceful means.
4. The Vietnamese fought and died for their country. Such passionate patriotism is totally justified. That too will be the passion of other countries attacked by America or other powers. Defense and the sacrifices made for one’s country is to be expected. But those who sacrifice their lives in aggressive wars die for nothing.
5. Remember Iraq also. It was supposed to be over in three months. But it is still on today almost 18 years later. Saddam is dead but is Iraq much better than Saddam’s times? I do not think autocracy is right. But if democracy is the answer, expecting it to perform miracles overnight is stupid.
6. Iranian military chief, General Suleimani was assassinated in Iraq by the very people who condemned the killing of Khashoggi. Is there any diffirence between the killing of Suleimani and that of Khashoggi?
The fire raging in Australia is not an Australian affair. It affects the whole world. It is an international catastrophe. The whole world should help Australia put out the fire. Unfortunately, this is not being done.